Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetable Brochettes (Skewers)
- ¾ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine (mirin)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup beer
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 bamboo or metal skewers
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 summer squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- For teriyaki marinade, combine soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sugar, ginger and beer in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until mixture reduces by half. Let cool.
- Toss chicken with half of the teriyaki marinade in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread chicken and vegetables on skewers and brush with remaining marinade.
- Grill skewers on each side until chicken is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
274 calories (34g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 9g fat, 938mg sodium) per serving