- 3 large medium-ripe tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scoop out the pulp from tomato halves. Chop up the pulp, place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add to tomato pulp. To pulp mixture, combine bread crumbs, oat bran, parsley, garlic powder and pepper, and blend well.
- Spoon mixture into tomato halves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Broil tomato halves for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden on top.
75 calories (2g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fat, 70mg sodium) per serving