Vegetable Pasta with Tomatoes
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, ends removed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf basil, crushed
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 8 ounces dried pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, basil, and ground black pepper, and sautee, stirring often, until vegetables are soft.
- Add pasta sauce, mix well, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in ½ cup chopped tomato and allow to heat thoroughly.
- In a separate pot, cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and place in large serving bowl. Pour sauce mixture over pasta, and top with remaining ½ cup chopped tomatoes and parsley.
342 calories (12g protein, 60g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 370mg sodium) per serving