Chicken Vegetable Soup
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 can (14½ ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and black pepper
- In a 3-quart saucepan, add broth and water, cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and carrot; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, zucchini, onions and basil; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
239 calories (28g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 3g fat, 218mg sodium) per serving