Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts
- ¾ cup pink grapefruit juice
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup non-instant oats
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 oranges or tangerines, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon almonds, slivered
- In a medium saucepan, combine grapefruit juice, water, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the oats and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Cover oatmeal and let stand for 8 minutes. Stir in brown sugar. Spoon oatmeal into bowls and top with oranges and almonds.
284 calories (6g protein, 56g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 151mg sodium) per serving