Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 1½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 10 cups chopped spinach leaves
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the celery, carrots and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat. Lower heat and simmer until vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender and strain. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
48 calories (5g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 2g fat, 425mg sodium) per serving