Broccoli Soup with Lemon Cream
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add potato, oregano, and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat. Lower heat and simmer until vegetables soften, about 15 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Blend lemon juice and sour cream together. Set aside.
- Puree the soup in a blender. Strain. Serve soup in bowls with a dollop of lemon sour cream.
90 calories (6g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 2g fat, 209mg sodium) per serving