Prep + Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1½ pounds sashimi grade tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 carrot, grated
- Pour teriyaki sauce into a shallow dish or bowl, and place tuna steaks in the sauce to marinate. Cover, and allow to marinate for about 45 minutes at room temperature. The steaks will cook more evenly if they are not cold.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add tuna steaks, and pour in teriyaki sauce. Squeeze juice from lemon over steaks, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. When the bottom is light brown, flip steaks, and cook until browned on the other side. The center will still be slightly red. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place tuna steaks onto serving plates, and garnish with grated carrots. Serve pan drippings as a dipping sauce.
305 calories (43g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 2601mg sodium) per serving