Prep + Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound squid, cleaned and cut into rings and tentacles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 bunch fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the wine and water to a low boil. Stir in the squid and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the celery, cilantro, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, parsley, jicama, and jalapeno. Toss gently with the squid and the olive oil dressing mixture. Chill until serving.
232 calories (11g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 14g fat, 53mg sodium) per serving