- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 10-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into egg mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in carrot mixture and the walnuts. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
460 calories (6g protein, 66g carbohydrate, 20g fat, 301mg sodium) per serving