Shrimp and Onion Stew
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 2 Hrs 5 Minutes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimps; cook just until shrimp turn pink.
- Mix in turmeric, salt, and pepper. Add tomato paste and water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Add more water if necessary. Transfer stew to serving bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve.
300 calories (25g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 16g fat, 471mg sodium) per serving