Sweet Potato & Nut Salad
Prep + Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- In saucepan, heat sweet potatoes, ½ teaspoon salt in water; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well; leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, brown sugar, thyme and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add green onions, celery and pecans.
- When potatoes are cool, add to mixture in bowl; toss to combine. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
165 calories (2g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 12g fat, 3g fiber, 245mg sodium) per serving