10 / 11
Desserts minus the sin
- Desserts needn't be on the ban list when you're watching your weight. Try sharing a cake or ice-cream with your partner or friend to split the calories. Share a slice of cheesecake, for example, and you'll halve the calories from 250 calories to 125, and the fat from 18 grams to 9.
- Splitting a wedge of chocolate cake? Your calorie count drops from 235 calories to 118.
- If you divide a scoop of chocolate ice cream (250 calories and 12g fat) and share it with a friend, you'll save 125 calories and 6 grams fat.
- Having your ice-cream in a cup (instead of a cone) will save you 118 calories.
- Can't say no to a pie? Remove the bottom crust and you'll downsize by 100 calories.