The good news is that you can get visible results in a relatively short amount of time. And it's easy to get started -- all you need is a pair of 3-pound dumbbells.
1. Shoulder press
Targets shoulders and triceps
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand. Bend elbows, lifting the weights to shoulder level, palms facing forward.
- Press weights up overhead, keeping your shoulders down. Lower weights back to shoulders.
2. Half rotation
Targets shoulders, biceps and triceps
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms extended out to the sides at shoulder level, palms down.
- Rotate palms back until facing up. Rotate palms forward back to starting position, keeping arms lifted throughout reps.
3. Bicep curl
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand in front of your thighs.
- Without moving your upper arms, bend elbows, curling the weights up towards your shoulders. Slowly lower the weights to starting position.